Monday, December 29, 2014

A Christmas Recap

Christmas has come and gone.

It went by really quick, I feel like I blinked and it was all over.
It wasn't anything like I expected. I was dreading it, only because I remembered my exact state of mind last year. The memories of last Christmas had me laying in bed under 3 comforters and not wanting to do anything at all. It only lasted a few hours... or maybe minutes. The boys and their Christmas spirit had me out of the bed and in the kitchen to make breakfast. Thank goodness for them eh?

The boys have a two week winter break, and I am so glad I managed to save enough leave to spend 90% of the break with them. Spending time at home with them is what I needed. I love being home with them. Being a mother is amazing.



Trying to push aside any depressed feelings this holiday season (which was hard to do) and just enjoy it with my sons, was helpful. Having the family Christmas gathering at our home was a plus. Having all the adults in the kitchen, and the kids running rampart was the cherry on top. I love having my home full with people laughing and talking. The gifts overflowed under the tree. The food was SO.GOOD! Of course having the menu a Mexican style dinner made it so much better. I loved the chicken enchiladas, tacos, menudo and fry bread. We also had a white Christmas for like 15 minutes. Light snow fell, it didn't stick, but it was nice to watch from the inside of a warm home.
Santa didn't disappoint. It is safe to say that the boys each got what they wanted for Christmas. I didn't want to spoil them, but I did each give them each an extravagant gift.
We ended the weekend watching our Sun Devils beat Duke in the Sun Bowl. DJ and I sat there wishing we were in the stands in El Paso.



This will most likely be the last post of 2014.
Lets hope that 2015 is much more amazing and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment