1. The holiday season is exciting, because I host my annual Ugly Sweater party, cookie decorating parties and just being with my family and friends. There are so many holiday events that make the season more festive. I LOVE IT!
2. Snow makes me want to throw up. Only because I can't drive in the snow... okay, maybe I can, but I hate driving in winter weather. If I wasn't driving in all that cold stuff, I would probably enjoy it.
3. The best comfort food to eat when it's cold out is grilled cheese with tomato soup OR hot chili beans with cheese sprinkled on top with frybread... yumm, GREAT! Now I am getting hungry!
4. Winter is the best time for baking and cuddling. Since I have no one to cuddle with, I'm left with baking. My sons go crazy when they smell the aroma of cookies, pies and brownies.
5. I can hardly wait for Christmas. I can't wait to see the boy's expressions when they open their gifts.
6. When it comes to holiday gifts I prefer gift cards and handmade items. I am still waiting for a $50 gift card to Olive Garden. hehe
7. If I were to rate my excitement about the holiday season on a scale from 1-10, I would say I am at about a 7.5 this year. Last year we lost my brother 4 days before Christmas, and now that that date is coming up, I can feel all the strength I was holding onto starting to slip away. I haven't felt this scared since his birthday. His first birthday without him. I am trying to make this holiday season festive... but it is hard knowing that just a year ago, our lives were broken apart and he was gone. So I am here just trying to keep calm, and keep myself occupied. I miss him every day and just lumping the holidays with his passing, it sucks. The next few holiday seasons won't be as exciting as the previous year for a while. Maybe next year I can rate it a 9 or something.
I have a lot of my plate this week. The boys are sponsoring their very first food drive. We are in the process of making posters to hang up around town and flyers to pass out. They want to give the food that are donated to local families that are in need. The beginning of this event actually came about in a cute way.
We were in Phoenix last month for my cousin, Smokey's, graduation. And on the way over the graduation, we had stopped at a red light near the overpass to get onto the freeway. Beside the red light stood a lady holding sign asking for any handouts. DJ was asking me why she was standing there, when I told him she needed money, he wanted to know why. So I told him that many people do that to get food, clothes or to help get them home, if they are out of state or town. They are still innocent enough to not see that most of these people probably use the money they get for their drug or alcohol habit. Whatever I told DJ and his brothers must have stuck in their head, because over breakfast, we devised a plan to host a food drive. At first they wanted to take the food and give it to that lady standing that that red light. I wouldn't know how to find her, so I mentioned that there were a lot of families and people back home who would need food, so they wanted to give the food to those people. So here we are, getting ready for their food drive. I will be updating my social networks with more information once we get it all settled.
On a side note, our grounds keeper informed us that a big wolf was loose around our area. Yikes! Now I have to worry about wild animals... another thing to add to my list of "Why we shouldn't have moved".
Have a great Wednesday!

No comments:
Post a Comment