I stumbled upon Erin's Love, Fun and Football blog a few months ago. I fell in love with her love for football and have enjoyed every post she has written. I just wish I had more football girlfriends around here, but most of them live 3 hours away from me. Life isn't fair. hahaha.
Anyway, today is Tailgate Tuesday. And of course I had to join the link up.
As you know, I have taken on a type of Football blog, which as you can tell I rarely post on the topic of football, but that will all change since the season is upon us (hallelujah!!) and then you will be tired of all my updates.
First of all, my little family consists of 4 sons, who are all football players who play in the Northeastern Arizona Youth Football League. My oldest is entering his 5th season, the second oldest is entering his 4th, the third, his third (haha) and this will be my fourth son's first season. It will be an exciting one too, because I am an active board member and I am present during the beginning to the end of the practices and games. It will be extra busy (it always is) and it will be busier, because we are avid Arizona State Sun Devil football fans too. We will be headed to games in the valley every other home game.
In high school I was a head football manager for all 3 teams. Football really wasn't a favorite sport back then, yeah, I understood what was going on, but I mainly signed up to be "water girl" to get out of school on away games, which I felt like it was frequently. I was among the lucky few to witness how much football brought a team together, to see each player become a part of a big family. I have so much respect for the coaches who helped the young men grow and learn, and the players who became like second sons to the coaches. When I think of football season, I remember those moments of practices, the smell of gross sweat, the laughter in the locker room and on the field. The motivational yells and cheers from each player running on the field. Even back then, I would think "If I ever had a son, I can't wait for him to experience this moment".
Fast forward a couple of year later, and I am blessed with four sons.
I wasn't really looking for a youth football league, but stumbling upon one here in the White Mountains was a god send. I knew it was a sign and that my life would be changing so much. It did. My oldest started his first year in the Mighty Mites division and is now entering his last division in the league. It is bittersweet for me. He has learned so much, as well as his younger brothers. I am excited for his future to see if he will continue or not. I know he has already experience some fond football memories. He has made a heck load of friends, some who are like brothers to him.
So every Saturday from August to October, we are on the road and I am sitting in bleachers watching my guys play football.
After (and during) the NAYFL season, our football season continues, because we travel to Tempe, Arizona to watch Arizona State Sun Devil Football. We have been cheering on our Sun Devils since 2004, and now that the guys are older they are now old enough to go to the games and understand what is going on AND can stick it out the whole game. We are excited for the upcoming season. We have watched some of our favorite players make it to the NFL.
Each season, I try to have a ladies trip with my friends who are also Sun Devil fans. We all went to school at ASU, so we go above and beyond to represent our team. So much fun to be among exciting atmosphere. Even sitting in the stands you can feel the positive vibes from the players and coaches. Football is the best thing that has happened to me and my sons.
So there you go, I hope you have somewhat learned about my family and our love for football. I am thrilled the season is finally here.
Oh and we do cheer for the Denver Broncos... Arizona Cardinals. & Tennessee Titans... We are all split with different favorite teams for the NFL. hahaha
Follow my blog with Bloglovin




No comments:
Post a Comment