Well... Saturday's game was during an exciting weekend. The past few years my sons have all played during that time. We have missed the annual fair parade, because we were up at the crack of dawn and on the road to an away game. This year the games were about 1.5 hours away from us, so we were ready. But in the end, only my oldest wanted to play. I decided that if the boys wanted to play they could, and I would be okay with it, if they didn't, then fine, we didn't have to go. I was totally understanding about it all. In the back of mind all I kept thinking was "Will they even get any playing time? Will it be worth it to drive out there to just watch my sons stay on the sidelines?" I know I should have been more positive and motivated for them. Another factor was having family coming into town from Tucson. And it was fair weekend, it only comes around once a year. haha. I wanted the guys to enjoy themselves. So this year was the year we finally broke tradition and stayed in town for the festivities. We did make it in time for my oldest to play though. And he did okay. The team lost, but it was a good game.
I was speaking with another family whose son only went in a couple (2) plays in the fourth quarter... at the end of fourth quarter. I was disappointed for them. I felt their misery and anger. I hope that by the time the season is midway over, we won't have these complaints. I really enjoy the league, and having these annoying thoughts are something I never thought I would have. I will wait to see how the season goes.
I wish I could also add more exciting notes from the game, but I was exhausted from driving and just from everything. I did manage to take a few photos of the game. The weather was lovely. Overcast skies and nice cool breezes. I was able to wear a sweater. Okay, so the only fun thing I remember from the game is getting the yummy popcorn and strawberry sundae. haha.
I hope that next week's football recap is better than the previous two football posts.
No comments:
Post a Comment