Monday, September 14, 2015

Saturday Night Lights + Ski Lifts + A Baking Evening

We had a very busy and long weekend (don't we always?) and I wish I was still in bed right now.
Before I even try to recap our weekend, I just wanted to brag a bit, because all our teams won over the weekend. There was one game that had us chewing our nails and getting angry. That one was a doozy.

All of the Blue Ridge Youth Football teams won their games against Holbrook (this will be recapped in a separate post)
Arizona State Sun Devils just barely won against Cal Poly, 35-21 (I am a HUGE fan, but this game had me cringing)
Arizona Cardinals won against the New Orleans Saints 31-19. (They are our home state team, so we cheer them on here and there)
Denver Broncos won the Baltimore Raven 19-13. (We had to keep up through social media)
Tennessee Titans won 42-14 against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Mariota apparently is the first player with a perfect passer rating in his 1st game... This comes from the Titans Twitter account)

So yes, it was a great football weekend!

Sp quick recap of our weekend.


We traveled to Holbrook for my sons games. We sat through 6 hours of football. We came home at 10pm. We were all exhausted. I can't believe the things I do for my sons, just kidding, I would do anything for them. The next post will most likely be the recap of that game with tons of photos.

Saturday, the family decided to meet up at Sunrise Ski Resort for the free pass day, or something. All I heard was the word free and I was hooked. ha! We were suppose to wake up bright and early, but after getting home late, we ended up sleeping in past 8. But it was okay, we needed the rest.
I had found a recipe for Pumpkin Spice French Toast on Pinterest, so I decided to try it. And it was a hit. The guys devoured it, we also had a few left over, so we gave those to Kelly and Randy, which they enjoyed too. I promised to make them for PB when she comes back next week. I can't wait. From the aroma of pumpkin, I had this urge to bake. So I went to the store and bought items that I didn't have. We also decided to make caramel apples since I told my sons we would.
After breakfast, we drove an hour to Sunrise. The skies were cloudy and the air was a little bit cool. The boys were excited to be riding the rides, so I let them run wild with their cousins. Meanwhile my sister, Kelly, Randy and I went on the ski lift. It started sprinkling on us and the winds were blowing. It was so cold, I couldn't feel my fingers or nose. It was a beautiful ride, but so so cold. I felt bad for my sister, because she had no sweater or jacket. I took a few photos, which I am surprised I did. The leaves are starting to change colors. I totally felt Autumn in the air, especially with the cloudy cold weather. I wanted to go straight home and climb under the covers.
More of our family trickled in, so we all went to the top of the peak to take a family photo. The 2nd trip up was worse than the 1st, aside from the beauty of the land, we were seriously freezing our arses off. OMG! What were we thinking? Our poor children. I hope no one got sick. The photo didn't come out like how I wanted, we just wanted to get it taken and went back down the mountain. We didn't have like 8 people in the photo. Maybe soon we can try again.
We left right after that last ride, because by then the rain was coming down and the winds were blowing. We stopped for sub sandwiches and chips and headed home.


Once we made it back to Grandma's house, I decided to bake Pumpkin Walnut cookies. Then we did the caramel apples.


It was a yummy way to end our weekend. I made too much, so we drove around passing them out to friends. I can't wait for my sister, mom and I to get together to bake more. I will add some links to the recipes that I use. So check back for Fall treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment