Friday, September 18, 2015

When the Blue Ridge Youth Football teams dominated the Youth Holbrook teams

Yikes, that was a long title for a post. haha.
First of all, I think someone from the league or involved with the football league is reading my posts. You know the posts where I kinda vented and wanted every child to have fair playing time? Because this past game day I noticed that all my sons had adequate playing time. Can you believe it? I was stunned for a moment. And then I kept thinking, whoops, I will probably need to tone down my future blog posts. I don't regret anything I have written, but who knows, I may be known as 'The Mother who complains all over her blog" haha!

So yes. Each of the Blue Ridge Youth Football teams won their games. And my oldest got one of his wishes. His team was able to play under the lights, just like the high school teams. He was stoked, now he wants to play in the snow... (umm nope, sorry son). I have to go through each photo to recall what all happened in each game. So bare with me.

Since this game was originally suppose to be a home game for us, and getting a heads up that the field wouldn't be ready, the league had to switch the locations from Lakeside to Holbrook. Which was fine with me. They then moved back the times for the games, so instead of having morning games, they were all set to start in the afternoon, with the Minors team starting at 6pm. Yes 6'oclock in the evening. That was new and interesting. Considering Holbrook was close to 2 hours away from home, we got back home pretty late. Kelly, Randy, My mom and dad were with us again. I am so glad they came to watch the boys play. I love that they are supporting them.

I took a billion photos, kidding, maybe a little over 200, so it was so hard to pick which photos to post. Ugh. Here are a handful from the Mighty Mites game. My baby went in a couple of times, and is getting the hang of it. I am impressed with him. And he loved it. He came back to us all calm and collected while we were telling him they did a great job. haha.


Now the Juniors game photos were really hard to narrow down, because each photo was perfect. My middle two sons did such a great job out on the field. They were focused and determined, which we could see on their faces from the bleachers. We tried waving and they wouldn't wave back. hahaha. The Juniors play at 4pm, so the sun was going down and the air was getting cooler. We still had our canopy up though.


The Minors game started at 6pm. It was starting to get darker and the air was cooling off rather rapidly. I am glad I had a long sleeve shirt on. The mosquitoes were being little pests too. In this game, my oldest was having a fun time. He had a sack, assisted in some tackles and was a team captain. We heard his name a couple of times and cheered. Oh and aside from playing in the evening under the lights, he just had this energy about him. I know he enjoyed every minute of it. He also waved to Kelly from the field a few times. Which Kelly really loved. hahaha It was fun. I also had this moment where my eyes teared up and my chest felt like it was going to explode. I told Kelly, Snowy and my mom "I cannot wait until they get to high school, because it will probably be ten times more amazing" Not that the games now aren't amazing, but they will be older and more experienced. Ahh. Okay, I don't want the time to speed up, so I will enjoy my young men right now.
I also had a hard time picking a few photos to post, because of course I went overboard with my camera. haha


Sorry for the huge uploads of photos. Great Job Blue Ridge Youth Yellowjackets!!

No comments:

Post a Comment