It is the first day of October. I am looking forward to this month, because I can officially start checking items off my Autumn Bucket List. My son’s 2015 football season will be coming to an end in a matter of weeks. The weather will be getting colder. And we will have more time to spend at home. So many things to look forward to.
Since it is the start of October and I am feeling a tad bit overwhelmed, I decided to try making a list of monthly goals. Maybe if I put it down on paper or post it up on the blog, I will really have to make it happen. I tried this once before and I did cross off like 2 or 3 items. Haha. I hope to do more than that though.
I am linking up with Angie over at My So-Called Chaos blog and Karen from A Peek at Karen's World blog. Go over and check their goals out.
So here I go.
{Put up our autumn décor}
This I am definitely positive will happen. I have a box of autumn decorations from previous years that I can’t wait to shuffle through. I have 2 new Fall scents I found at the store that I can’t wait to try out.
{Jog five miles a week}
I guess I can try jogging, but no doubt I will mainly be walking. Walking is still cardio right? I haven’t done any type of physical activity at all in quite some time. So I will really need to make this priority. I am seriously giving myself a pep talk once this post goes up. My friends and I plan on running a few 5ks this coming season, so I ought to be in some physical shape.
{Family photos}
I always say I will do our family photos in October, so I wouldn’t be running around at the last minute at the end of November. Lets hope this year, I won’t be doing a repeat of the last, oh, 3 years. Haha
{Finish my October assignments}
Back in August I looked over my course syllabus, marked down all my assignments onto my calendar and grinned. I grinned, because I found it quite easy. Lately with all the sports activities, work and just life, I am thinking “Why did I go back to college?” I have a paper due tomorrow… which I have not started. I am procrastinating BIG TIME. Like right now, instead of writing this post, I should be at least be getting started on it. haha Whoops. At least this month’s assignments are rather simple.
{Read 10 books}
I am a bookworm. In January I started the Goodreads challenge and decided to read 200 books this year. I am almost done. I think I need like less than 50 books to go. I know I can do it. I just need to find a few good ones that peak my interest. Any book recommendations? I am into the YA genre and history… like Phillippa Gregory type.
{2 Crock pot dinners}
This one I am iffy about. I keep telling myself that I need to put my crock pot to use. I have been telling myself this for the past 5 years (since my sons started football) and nothing, nada. I do have recipes, but I haven’t the slightest clue why I don’t push myself to gather the ingredients. All my other football mom friends make it look so easy, well I guess it is. Hahaha. This month I will aim for at least 2 dinners made in a crock pot. I know I can do this… I just need to put my mind to it and… do it.
I’m not going to add more goals. I will start out slow. I think these are reasonable goals. Now lets get started on October!



No comments:
Post a Comment