I've had this post waiting in the drafts for about 14 days. If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter than you have most likely seen my updates on my weekend baking. The Sunday before the First day of Autumn, I baked and sold over 5 dozen cookies. I was on a baking trip and over did it with pumpkin. I am trying to not bake too much with pumpkin, because I don't want to not want pumpkin. Because, well... Autumn just started, we have 2 more months to experiment with everything pumpkin. Right? Anyway, I can cross off "Baking Fall cookies" off my Autumn Bucket List. I had baked Pumpkin Pecan Chocolate Chip cookies last weekend, so that post will be popping up in a couple of days.
I had whipped up a batch of Pumpkin Walnut cookies, and wanted to try something new. So I browsed through so many pumpkin recipes on Pinterest and found a Pumpkin Sugar cookies recipe. I found that I had all the ingredients, so I went with it.
I used Lauren's Pumpkin Sugar Cookies recipe. I followed her directions and even did the glaze icing. Prior to starting the cookies, I read the comments on her cookie post. I read a few good and a few unrelevant. After baking a few batches, I had my sons, parents and sisters taste tested them, and they found the cookies delicious. They liked the Pumpkin Sugar cookies and I had to agree. The recipe didn't lack anything. I loved the texture and the taste. I guess if you wanted a punch of pumpkin, you could add a little more pumpkin puree or pumpkin spice, but really, I found it perfect. But that is also the great thing about baking, you can improvise as you go along. I will probably add a little more or less of certain ingredients the next time I try these cookies.
I normally never try the glaze icing, because I don't like my cookies too sweet. But this time, I thought 'What the heck". I loved the cookies with and without the icing, so either way, the cookies were delicious. The icing took only a few seconds to make and you could just drizzle onto the cookies as much as you wanted. My sons had more than enough while my mother and I went without.
Also, I used my cellphone to take these photos instead of my Canon, so they aren't as good as Lauren's photos. The Pumpkin Sugar Cookies are a great Fall cookie recipe to use. It is easy and simple to put together. If you try them, let me know what you think.





No comments:
Post a Comment