Friday, April 1, 2016

April... yeah, yeah...

Oh hello there,
Yes, it is me... again. I've posted 2 days straight, aren't you proud of me? hahaha. It is the first of the month, and the first day of my 100 mile challenge, as well as the first day I am cutting breads and sweets out of my diet. Well I am trying to, I don't know how long I will last without bread, because I loooove bagels, cinnamon rolls and pancakes... are pancakes, bread? I don't know, I need to google that. Last night at 9pm, I was eating a bagel smothered in peanut butter. hahaha. I was going to do no soda, buuut the last time I did that, I lasted just over 20 days, and then I found out one of my friends, "accidently" gave me a mixed drink that included soda. I'm still mad at him. So, no, I think I will keep soda until I am really ready to cut that out. haha. But anyway, this month is a new month and a new start for me. I am excited.
This morning, my alarm went off, I laid in bed for about ten minutes before I actually said "Fuck it" and kicked myself out of bed. I changed into my jogging pants and a threw on a sweater, put my hair in a ponytail and was out the door. I did 3 miles... yes it was cold. My legs, fingers and nose kind of froze a little. I watched the sun pop over the mountain, and waved to a few neighbors who were on their way to work. It was a great start to my Friday and April. So I am glad I forced myself to do cardio.

Back to goals, my goals for April are somewhat mellow. I don't want to add too much, in case it gets overwhelming for me... because little stuff do tend to do that to me, or I might end up going full-emotional on myself and just quit everything. Ahh, see I am already trying to talk myself out of it. UGH. Okay, so April will be a start over month for me, and I made a list of thing I plan to do.... here we go:
Plant some flowers (this I need to do in the backyard)
Go on a bike ride (after I get a bike that is... so this may end up moving to May)
Switch up my routine with a new shampoo or perfume
Have a wine tasting party (I'd love to stay home and just chill with friends)
Cook a new recipe each week (I have 2 recipes I want to try so far)
Go on a breakfast date... with friends (I love breakfast)
Spring clean- A MUST
Start a new television series
Make a summer bucket list (Travel...)
Conquer the 100 mile challenge
Take the boys fishing, they've been wanting to go out to the lakes
Hike that mountain... yes that one.



Today is also my newphew, TK's, birthday. He is 20 years old!! How can that be? I am still trying to wrap my head around it. How does a cute chubby toddler grow to become a huge tall adult? Life is so weird. Anyway, I already took him to a concert for his birthday, so he already received my gift. haha. I did promise him a birthday cake when he comes back to visit though. I just hope he doesn't pop out of no where and say "Surprise! Where's my cake?" haha... he might, who knows. So Happy 20th Birthday TK! I love you, count down until we're in Vegas celebrating your 21st!!. (:



We had our first meeting for the NAYFL. It lasted 2 hours. Of course, there was pizza and salad. And since I was going to be giving up bread, I over indulged on the pizza. Kidding. The pizza was a little too spicy for me, so I had one, plus it was a thin crust pizza... (who came up with thin crust pizza anyhow? It shouldn't even be called pizza) so I just poked at it and pretended to eat it. I'm pretty sure Brandi was watching me though. Yeah, so the meeting went well, I am excited for the upcoming football season, EVEN THOUGH, we haven't even started baseball season. Huh? Yeah, I am thankful that I am on the board. We have a new member, so it was great to meet her. She also has 4 sons... like me, but hers are like spread out in ages, unlike mine, who are right after another. I don't know if I should feel bad for her, because her last 2 are still toddlers, kinda. I remember those days oh so well. Football... so much to do, registrations and events, fund raising stuff. It will also be DJ's last season in the league, so I plan for it to be a great one. So glad my son's dad volunteered to buy all four their cleats. Less stress for me. Whoo hoo!



I just remembered I have half a bag of Reeses Peanut Butter eggs in my drawer. This is going to be a loooong month. I need to get rid of those like right now. Have a great Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment