I thought I had already posted this. SORRY!.
Anyway, I am coming back from my annual Tucson trip, so I am getting my surroundings in order. Eh.
So my second trip to Denver was a fantastic one. I was able to bring my oldest along with me. He isn't a traveler like me, so the start was a little rocky with him wanting to know when we would get there and where were we? But after a while he was having fun. The drive this time wasn't too long, only because my sister knew the way, and kinda drove like a maniac. We reduced our time... by a lot.
On our way, we did spend a night in Albuquerque (where we ate pizza with Vanda and her family). The next day (Thursday), we left to Denver, just making it into the city by 3pm. We watched my neice have her presentation, and then indulged in yummy food (that I did not take a photo of) at Dave & Buster's. We had an early night though. The next morning we played tourists. We did the capitol tour, where we went to the top of the building and inside the dome. We had spectacular views of the city. I managed to take photos. I was pretty excited.
After the capitol tour, we made our way towards the Cathedral Basilica of the Immaculate Conception. So beautiful!! I was speechless... still am apparently. Just know that it was amazing and I am so glad I was able to walk through those doors and pray in the pews.
After the cathedral visit, we tried to take photos of every street near there, because my mom lived in that area. We wanted to show my mom. Oh by they way, Denver is where my parent's met. So that is another reason why I love the city, before I even traveled there. I just wish we were able to venture out more into the outer areas.
We tried to go to The Mint, but it was closed... I don't know why a tourist attraction would be closed on a Friday... it was a bummer, considering we walked like 5 blocks in the hot temperatures (I can't believe how hot Denver was! I thought since it was in the mountain regions, it would be cooler) and the kids were being cranky.
We made our way to 16th Street and decided to rest. We watched The Ghostbusters at the movies. Very Funny Movie!!! It also cost us an arm and a leg... but so worth it. I loved the outdoor mall around it too.
We missed a huge rainstorm while in the movies, so walking back to our vehicle was much cooler this time. We ended going back to the hotel and ordering pizza and hanging out at the pool. It was a fun trip. I enjoyed every minute of it. I know my son did too. Now I have a list of things I still want to see and do for our next trip to Denver. I can't wait to bring my other sons.




No comments:
Post a Comment