Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Summer hike to Mount Baldy

Last Friday I took a "Me" day and hiked the reservation trail to Mount Baldy with my friend, Dez. I had already did this hike last year in October. So this time I already knew what to expect. BUT this time, I took my own vehicle... so driving on the back roads was something different. I was thinking the worst, because it had rained really hard the day before, but once we started out, it was okay. I love having a truck!!
The weather was PERFECT! Nice cool breeze, light sprinkles and no dangerous wildlife that could have killed me. haha I enjoyed it, of course I am like out of shape, but if I keep this up, I will be back to where I was... (15 pounds lighter) a few months ago. I brought my camera again, so of course I took photos.
It was funny, because we ran into a few people who came from the other side of the mountain. They picked on my friend for wearing an U of A hat, haha but were nice to me for wearing my ASU sweater. Just shows that ASU is pretty much the best college ever. haha

Last year, I hiked during the peak of Fall. This time it was towards the end of summer. It wasn't too hot, but we did work up a sweat and got sunburned. But it was so nice to just sit and relax at the top. We talked and snacked on fruits and nuts. I just didn't bring enough water, which sucked for me. And now that I know how to get up to the start of the trail, I can bring my sons next time. Maybe when the leaves start changing colors again. Another thing to look forward to.



I keep telling myself I will hike the other side of the mountain... which I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment