Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Summertime in the mountains

A few weeks ago, the guys and I were hoping to go to the river in East Fork and relax all afternoon. Instead we found ourselves driving through the back roads and not knowing where we might end up. I was feeling spontaneous, I also freaked myself out, because there was not cellphone service where we were AND my phone was like on 2% battery life. I tend to do crazy stuff like that anyway, but we made it home with no one having to come look for us. Anyway, since then my dad has let me borrow his map of the reservation for those types of trips... I am still learning the numbers on the roads and whatever. I just need to remind the guys to keep their fishing poles in the truck for next time.
The reason why we even started the trip was because it was so hot in town. So we wanted to play in the river and cool down. But once we got on the road, it cooled down a lot. We went from 80 degrees to 55 degrees. Since it is monsoon season, we encountered light sprinkles and some rain. We had our windows rolled down and music turned up. That was the perfect afternoon. I can't wait to venture out again.
I also brought my camera with me, so I was able to grab some neat shots.



I am excited to go back out and take more.

No comments:

Post a Comment