Thursday, October 27, 2016

Thursday is the new Friday

I'm sitting here snacking on a pear, wishing for the 5'o'clock hour. Tonight my son's have their school Halloween fair and they are excited to go. As for myself, I am not feeling an ounce of Halloween spirit. I am though feeling a tad bit better from yesterday. This time yesterday I was on my way home to nap, because I was feeling soooo under the weather. Chills and head aches, yup that is how my afternoon/evening went. I slept much better than the previous few days, so that was the only good thing.
There is nothing much to update on around here. The guys' had their last football game over the weekend. I didn't attend... So the season is over and I enjoyed not driving to football practice this week. Of course now the older two are trying out for basketball, so that is keeping them busy. I was able to clean up about 40% of my house and looking forward to finishing up the remaining areas. I am also realizing that we can now get rid of a lot of things. I honestly do not know how we accumulate so much crap. How did I become a closet hoarder? Do I really need all these paperwork? And these unmatched socks? It's kind of insane to really look around and see how much of a mess the house is. It makes me want to cry.
At the beginning of the month, my sister and I did take a drive up into the mountains to see the fall foliage. I did take photos, beautiful ones too, but I have no uploaded those yet. I will eventually get to them though. I will post some camera phone photos though. I will try to add some commentary with them... so here we go...

I took the another "me" day, so my sister and I drove up towards Sunrise Ski Resort, and the Mount Baldy area. I love Autumn, so just being among the beautiful fall scenery was just a dream itself. The amazing cool breeze was the icing on the cake. We were dressed for the weather too. Sweaters and boots, well I wasn't wearing boots.. haha. The gorgeous yellow aspen leaves were lined up on each side of the highway heading up into the mountains.

I can't wait to upload and edit the photos that I took on my Rebel. It's weird that I haven't done that yet....
We stopped in 4 different areas to take photos, our last stop, we met a cute older couple who were picnicking beside the road. They had just finished taking photos and clips from their drone. They were kind enough to take a photos of my sister and I. They also handed us a business card with their website of their adventures. I just wish I didn't misplace that card.

The last week of practices, I wasn't gung-ho on my workouts, but I did put in a few miles a week. The walks around the lake were nice, a little chilly, but it was fine. I just wish I pushed myself into doing more than I did.

The last week of practice was sooooo freaking long. Each day I kept telling myself "Just three more days, you can do this..." "Two more days... two more days.." "Okay, just one more day of this madness" that last day was sooo miserable, because I was so tired. I think I got sick that evening, because the whole practice I was napping in the truck. I was out once we got home. I think this season was just a little too much for me. I already know that I will be stepping down from the board this upcoming season. I was literally drained every week and weekend. I'd rather be out in the bleachers enjoying watching my sons play instead of stressing out over everything else. The guys did have a fun season, DJ, had fun. I am sad that I didn't watch him play his last game of his youth football career.

Halloween is in a few days... and I am not feeling festive. I don;t even have a costume lined up. I only baked like twice this month. I wanted to do a pumpkin carving get together, but life has been crazy, and I just want to take a break from everything. I hope next month will be better.


This will most likely be my last October post for this year... I don't know who knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment