It's already March. It sure has been a quick start of the year. Sometimes it feels unreal... until you realize that winter is over and it is officially Spring. The weather has been amazing these past few days and spending it outside at the lakes over the weekend was what I needed. Of course I got a little tan, okay, not really, my face just got bright pink and it hurt when I washed it last night and this morning. It also doesn't help that I caught the sniffles and have been blowing my nose for a week. My poor chapped nose.
Anyway, it has been over a month since my last post. Honestly I have been struggling to write up a post, because my life hasn't really been that interesting. The guys and I are doing okay. School, work and life is going great. The only thing that really is devastating is that the older two boys decided not to play baseball this season, so it will only be Kai. I had time to get use to their decision, and it just makes me sad. I know I will have time to just focus on Kai, but I know that the older two had potential. Maybe next year they will.
So some what catch up on what I have been doing these past few weeks...
I also wanted to share some photos that I took over the weekend....
… watching
I finished the last episode of The Vampire Diaries series. I cried. It was so sad. It is a good thing B wasn't home when I watched it, because he would have teased me endlessly over it. After that I watched that one Bones episode where Temperance loses that one person, that was also gut wrenching. I cried during that hour too, but not as much as I did during TVD. I also caught up with Chicago PD and Chicago Fire.
Oh with B home, we have been watching the World Baseball Classic. I am rooting for USA, and kinda anxious about the next game against Japan. It should be a good game.
… listening to
I have my days where I listen to country, old country, hip hop, rap, r&b and good 50's. It really depends. Apparently Fridays are my 50's days, I had no idea B noticed that about me. But I remember that when I get ready for the day (I am the first one in the shower) I have my music on while I let him sleep in. So yeah, I suppose he wakes up to my music. I think I was listening to something different last Friday, because when I came out of the shower he said "I thought today was your 50's day?" haha And since we got tickets to see Metallica in August, I have been adding some of their songs to my playlist too.
… reading
I started a challenge, in which I plan to read 100 books this year. So far I am behind like 15 books. Haha. But I really got into that series, A Court of Thorns and Roses, ny Sarah J Maas. I had checked it out at the library. It took me a few days to get into it, but finished it in a matter of hours after I got into it. Now I want to get the next book in the series, but I don't know if I want to buy it on paperback or just check it out at a different library.
I did start reading, Empress of a thousand skies, by Rhoda Beeleza. I am struggling to get into it, maybe because I haven't really had time to get into it.
… loving
Lately, I haven't really been feeling like myself. I haven't had any motivation to go run or walk... or lift. I keep saying that I need to, because of the run that is coming up. But lately, I just want to stay in and read or nap... and I can see the changes in my body, which I do not like.... So... right now, I need to start loving my body and start taking care of myself.
… wearing
I started wearing flip flops about 2 weeks ago... I am also wearing shorts and short sleeve shirts. Today I am wearing black skinny jeans, and a stripe light blue and white blouse. Comfy and light. Staring outside my window right now, I want to take a walk to enjoy the slight breeze and warm air...
… anticipating
our family trip. I have two places in mind. I want to take the boys to San Diego, but I also miss Vegas... but I am leaning toward San Diego. I have a day to decide, so hopefully next week, I will be updating on our trip... with a lot of photos. I am also anticipating on sleeping in... I need it. I have been so ridiculously exhausted lately. I blame the weird weather and the chicken tacos I have been eating lately.
So... here are a few photos that I took from my new "smart" phone, over the weekend. B and I went fishing at the lakes and took a drive through the back roads. It has been something I have been wanting to do since the weather started warming up. There is still snow on the ground in some areas, which makes it look more beautiful.
The first lake we went to was Bog Tank. We stayed near the dam, we didn't catch anything here. We went in the late afternoon. I was enjoying the area and the stream that ran out of the lake.
The next day, we went to A-1 Lake. The boat ramp area was covered in snow, so we went through a different road to get to the other side of the lake. That area was so beautiful. I never had been there before. A few other people came while we were there. B took a nice nap, while I had to watch our poles... nothing exciting happened, which sucked.
Anyway, it has been over a month since my last post. Honestly I have been struggling to write up a post, because my life hasn't really been that interesting. The guys and I are doing okay. School, work and life is going great. The only thing that really is devastating is that the older two boys decided not to play baseball this season, so it will only be Kai. I had time to get use to their decision, and it just makes me sad. I know I will have time to just focus on Kai, but I know that the older two had potential. Maybe next year they will.
So some what catch up on what I have been doing these past few weeks...
I also wanted to share some photos that I took over the weekend....
… watching
I finished the last episode of The Vampire Diaries series. I cried. It was so sad. It is a good thing B wasn't home when I watched it, because he would have teased me endlessly over it. After that I watched that one Bones episode where Temperance loses that one person, that was also gut wrenching. I cried during that hour too, but not as much as I did during TVD. I also caught up with Chicago PD and Chicago Fire.
Oh with B home, we have been watching the World Baseball Classic. I am rooting for USA, and kinda anxious about the next game against Japan. It should be a good game.
… listening to
I have my days where I listen to country, old country, hip hop, rap, r&b and good 50's. It really depends. Apparently Fridays are my 50's days, I had no idea B noticed that about me. But I remember that when I get ready for the day (I am the first one in the shower) I have my music on while I let him sleep in. So yeah, I suppose he wakes up to my music. I think I was listening to something different last Friday, because when I came out of the shower he said "I thought today was your 50's day?" haha And since we got tickets to see Metallica in August, I have been adding some of their songs to my playlist too.
… reading
I started a challenge, in which I plan to read 100 books this year. So far I am behind like 15 books. Haha. But I really got into that series, A Court of Thorns and Roses, ny Sarah J Maas. I had checked it out at the library. It took me a few days to get into it, but finished it in a matter of hours after I got into it. Now I want to get the next book in the series, but I don't know if I want to buy it on paperback or just check it out at a different library.
I did start reading, Empress of a thousand skies, by Rhoda Beeleza. I am struggling to get into it, maybe because I haven't really had time to get into it.
… loving
Lately, I haven't really been feeling like myself. I haven't had any motivation to go run or walk... or lift. I keep saying that I need to, because of the run that is coming up. But lately, I just want to stay in and read or nap... and I can see the changes in my body, which I do not like.... So... right now, I need to start loving my body and start taking care of myself.
… wearing
I started wearing flip flops about 2 weeks ago... I am also wearing shorts and short sleeve shirts. Today I am wearing black skinny jeans, and a stripe light blue and white blouse. Comfy and light. Staring outside my window right now, I want to take a walk to enjoy the slight breeze and warm air...
… anticipating
our family trip. I have two places in mind. I want to take the boys to San Diego, but I also miss Vegas... but I am leaning toward San Diego. I have a day to decide, so hopefully next week, I will be updating on our trip... with a lot of photos. I am also anticipating on sleeping in... I need it. I have been so ridiculously exhausted lately. I blame the weird weather and the chicken tacos I have been eating lately.
So... here are a few photos that I took from my new "smart" phone, over the weekend. B and I went fishing at the lakes and took a drive through the back roads. It has been something I have been wanting to do since the weather started warming up. There is still snow on the ground in some areas, which makes it look more beautiful.
The first lake we went to was Bog Tank. We stayed near the dam, we didn't catch anything here. We went in the late afternoon. I was enjoying the area and the stream that ran out of the lake.
The next day, we went to A-1 Lake. The boat ramp area was covered in snow, so we went through a different road to get to the other side of the lake. That area was so beautiful. I never had been there before. A few other people came while we were there. B took a nice nap, while I had to watch our poles... nothing exciting happened, which sucked.
We drove back home through the back roads. I haven't had that luxury in so long. It brought back childhood memories. My dad always took my brother and sisters and I fishing all over the reservation. So little areas were familiar. I had a nice weekend with B.












No comments:
Post a Comment