Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Spring Break '17

Well...

My sons and I, did go on an out of state trip for our break. And it was wonderful. The beginning was pretty rough for me, emotionally and mentally... but I eventually got out of that funk and totally enjoyed myself. I focused on making sure my sons enjoyed themselves, so I pushed aside all the negativity that was going on in my life. And I feel so much better. We were gone for about 4 days, and I thought that was a long time. Apparently, it was not. So I know for sure that my sons and I will be headed back to California soon...

Yeah, we ended up in California. Our very first time ever. We saw the beach for the first time in our lives (seeing it on television doesn't count... haha) and we loved every moment. I took a lot of photos, and I wish I took more. We made it to San Diego the first day and ended up in Los Angeles the next day. So we experienced three beaches, or four, if you count the minute we stood in front of Ocean Beach...



If you follow me on Instagram or Snapchat, then you basically were with is the entire time... haha
I am slowly weeding through photos to share, some of them are very private moments that I want to keep with just my sons and some are the fun ones that I think show the mood of our family trip. I love that I am experiencing all these new adventure with my sons. So far we have been to a few big cities together and I hope to add more this year.

The only thing I regret not doing is taking a photo of them next to the "Entering California" signs. Too bad Instagram does not have that map feature anymore.
California, for me was a life changing trip, because I was able to think... and help myself. So much has been on my mind, I have been stressed, depressed and overwhelmed with so much shit that I wasn't enjoying myself at all. I quickly had been sucker punched the first night we were there and well... to say the least... I decided that maybe this trip was a sign to really focus on my own family. In ten years when I look back, I want to know that my first time in California, I loved it. And I did. I stopped being miserable, I pushed all those emotions back and watched the smile and heard the laughter of my sons.



I will post about our trip soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment