He did well, he was put in with the linemen... I honestly do not remember if it was for the defense or offense, but he did the best he could. His brothers were cheering him on and so proud of him too. They would grab an ice cold water and run it down to him after every game. By the second game, the day was warming up, it might have been a little to warm for me. I kept complaining, but I also had to keep reminding myself to be positive and thank God that we were not in Phoenix (which was 119 degrees by then) UGH. I can't wait until Fall creeps in and the temperature starts going down.
After my babe's four games (against St Johns, Holbrook, Payson and Snowflake), my next two son's started their series. The Blue Ridge Juniors had three games against, Payson, Holbrook and Snowflake Lobos. They did really good, considering it was hot out there. I am proud of the guys for sticking it out. I am glad the coaches kept them cool with setting up canopies on the sidelines and ice chests full of water and powerade for the team.
During the Holbrook game, someone had F-O-U-R sacks in a row. It was so amazing. I couldn't help but jump up and shout like a crazy lady. I am one proud momma. I saw him glance up to the bleachers with a huge smile. He did pretty good.
And yes, my other kid also did amazing. He caused and recovered a fumble. I yelped in joy. I swear my sons are amazing. They had a good scrimmage. Yes they did.
The Blue Ridge Minors team started their scrimmages after the Juniors. I don't know how they got behind, but their games started like an hour after it was suppose to. BUT it turned out okay, because by the time they started their series the clouds started rolling in, so we can over cast skies for the remaining four games. The Minors played Payson, Holbrook, Snowflake Lobos and Show Low Cougars. Now these games were exciting, because they are the older guys.
My babe had his first sack of the season. Of course I had to cheer from way up in the stands. He knows I love cheering. He did great, he was put in a few other plays too. But I think he would rather play defense than offense. I prefer that also.
During the Lobos game one of my son's teammates got injured. We later found out that his shoulder was dislocated. OUCH. Poor guy. Yes Football is a tough sport. They ended that game early and started on the last game. We left St Johns a little after 5 and got back home by 7:30. It was a long day of football games. But it was good. The boys had fun. After talking about the games for almost 30 minutes, they were all out. So my sister and I enjoyed our drive home in silence. hahaha.











No comments:
Post a Comment