Saturday the football family traveled to Springerville, Arizona for the first game of the NAYFL season.
All four of my guys played, so we were there all day again. I can't complain, because the boys loved every minute of it. I enjoyed myself sitting with Snowy, Kelly, Randy, Lexy and Phinis. We had awesome snacks and a lot of drinks. I plan to bring a mug of coffee next time though. The weather was amazing. It rained during DJ's game, so it had an Autumnish feel. I am digging the cooler temperatures. I hope their next games will be under cloudy skies again.
The Mighty Mites lost, but they did awesome. These little guys are going to do big things in the upcoming years. I don't remember the score... maybe 12-6? I need to check with the team mom. The little guys are still learning, and that is the best part of this whole league. To watch them grow and learn.
The Juniors won 6-8. It was a very intense game towards the end. One of my sons helped stop Round Valley get into the end zone. After Round Valley failed to get the ball into the end zone, Blue Ridge got the ball and took a knee. So the Juniors won their game 6-8. The team jumped for joy and in the team huddle all cheered loudly. I love watching the whole team get rowdy after a win.
The Minors ended up losing by a touchdown. Again, I don't remember the exact score, I will have to ask the team mom too. And since the guys are older in this division, it was a fun game to watch. I have watched these players play since they were 6 years old, so it was cool to see who are still playing and who have grown. I remember when my oldest started and how tiny he was. Looking back at their team photo, brings tears to my eyes. They are all growing into cute young men.







No comments:
Post a Comment