Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Hey there December...



Last month of the 2015 year. How crazy is it, that it is already here? November just kinda sped on by, all I remember was trying to get on a routine and eating turkey and now... now, I am here writing a blog post for December. Geeze.

The winter weather is upon us. It hasn't snowed... yet *knock on wood* but it is pretty chilly. I am glad I got an extra comforter.

So onward to all the festive stuff.
I am by the way, listening to the Christmas Choral Classic radio on Pandora.

I am participating in 2 ornament swap exchanges. I am excited. I already have my eye on which ornaments I want to send. My first swap partner is from Italy!! How cool is that? I can't wait to get to know her. My second is from Louisiana! I am very excited to get to know her too. See! I am already festive and stuff. I need to get these sent off this week. I will also be showing off what I am sending.
Except, it would help if I got my home Christmasy. hahaha. I have been telling my littlest guy we would put up our tree for the past week. He is getting annoyed with me. So tonight is the night that I will be putting some of our decorations up.
I am horrible at trying to get some blog posts up, so I will be somewhat following these blog prompts. I found this on Pinterest. Feel free to use it... follow it? hahaha

Today's prompt:
What's on your giving wishlist this year- What cool things would you love to give someone else?
Hmmm... you know, this is tough. All year long I had these cute ideas, but now they seem silly. But for the last couple of years, the guys and I have been baking treats for our local fire department. I will probably extend it this year and add the police department too. We usually do this at the middle of the month. Other than gift giving, I would really love to do the whole paying for someone's tab at a store or Starbucks. I don't really know what else... but I am sure some other things will pop up. I just need to carry around a notepad and pen for when the light bulb moment comes. hahaha.

I am loving all the Christmas decoration that is already up. I met up with my older sister and cousin last week for dinner. The restaurant we ate at had their garlands and lights up. It was so beautiful and very festive. It also made me realize that I haven't even gone gift shopping yet. Yikes. I am cringing as I type. Not good. I need to get started like right now. Ugh.
I am also in between planning my annual Ugly Christmas sweater party and a cookie decorating party for my family... well kinda. The planning is not going so smooth... so maybe this year, I might have to forgo those two events. We'll see. Those were always so much fun too.
Well... have a happy first day of December. Today my nephew's daughter turns one. She is so cute and tiny, I can't even believe its been a year already. I remember being stationed in the hospital lobby all afternoon and night and taking bets on her weight and length. hahaha. Happy Birthday Baby Bella!!

No comments:

Post a Comment