Wednesday, December 2, 2015

The tree is up.

Today's topic: Show your family christmas card and share your card- sending traditions.

Our Christmas cards are in the works right now, so I do not have a photo to show. But I will tell you that the five of us are wearing our Blue Ridge Football jerseys and we are standing in outside in the cold near aspen trees. That is the photo, the cards are more rustic looking. I'm running late on getting them out, obviously.
Card sending traditions... hmmm... I don't really have any traditions, just that I hand deliver to family and friends that are living near by, and I mail to family and friends who are out of town or state... country. And if I happen to be baking, I give my family a plate of cookies... or bread. I have a feeling our cards will be getting out late this year, so I need to rush them tonight. Yikes.

So almost a week after Thanksgiving, we finally put up our Christmas tree. Well, my baby dragged it out of storage and I put it up. He helped me decorate the tree with our ornaments and trim. So the little corner of the house is sort of festive. I need to really look out for more Christmas decoration, since next week I'll be hosting a cookie decorating party and the Ugly Sweater party (maybe). That is my attempt to getting into the holiday spirit. Now to make some sort of amends with a few people. I don't want to continue the holiday season with this sorrow feeling I have been having. I miss the joyous fun times I had last year.

December 11th is coming up real quick, and I am anxious to find out which bowl game our ASU Sun Devil football team will be headed. If its in state, than I HAVE to get tickets. UGH. This will be on my mind until the NCAA announce where the teams are going. I'll also be looking for more ASU gear too. I need a new sweater or sweat pants to lounge in.

On a different note, I am listening to Westside Connection. hahaha. Yeah, I'm taking it back, way back. Christmas music is on hold for the moment. I've had a mixture of classical, choir, country and hipster Christmas music playing continuously all day, and I'm still not into the holiday spirit. (:

I skipped the gym today to have lunch with my friend. I didn't finish my meal... again. I did enjoy our long conversation. I didn't realize how much I needed her presence. My life has been hectic enough, so sitting next to her and listening to her talk about her life was a treat. (Crap, I should have gotten a slice of pie or something) I feel caught up with her now. On our way back from our break, I looked toward the gym and wished I had an extra 30 minutes to at least do some cardio. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment