Thursday, April 21, 2016

I'll give it everything I've got to give...


I have been struggling for a very long time to live a healthier life style. It's hard.
Yeah, I somewhat hike and jog. I have these energetic moments where I could just be active all day for a week, and then I get so damn lazy that I don't do shit for 2 weeks. So yeah, my motivation and drive varies. But I am learning that if I am not active, then I should at least take care of my body by feeding it healthy stuff. That I am still working on too. So lately... I have been attempting that. My lunches are mostly peanut butter sandwiches with fruit and water, or diet sodas. Throughout the day I snack on veggies, pretzels, fruits, more peanut butter, and hot tea. As much as I love water, I think I had a little too much when I finish more than a gallon a day. My tummy puffs out and I feel sick by the time I crawl into bed.
Back to the hot tea part. I AM IN LOVE WITH ALL THE TAZO TEA FLAVORS. Seriously, I am making it my objective to taste all their teas on their website. I had no idea there were that many. Right now I am sipping on the Apricot Vanilla Creme. I love it. The pairing of apricots and vanilla? How does one know how to mix such things and have it come out so wonderful? I think I need another cup of this flavor. My taste buds can't get enough of it. The aroma... what can I say? Mmmmm.
I've also tried their Organic Bramblewine. This particular one is my favorite one. I was introduced to this by Mrs. Cash at our tea party themed meeting last year. I had to scour the grocery store selves for it. Luckily for me, the Safeway in town had it in stock. So now I always have a box in my cabinets. I mostly drink it on a mildly cool day, because I feel like it is a spring-ish sort of tea. It has a hint strawberry and black cherry. The color green rooibos and green tea.
I also have a box of the Organic Peach Cobbler. The only reason why I got this was because I saw peach cobbler and thought of the dessert. I was wanting something super sweet, and come on, peaches are juicy and sweet. My mouth is watering right now thinking of the ripe peaches that my teeth could be sinking into. Eh. The tea was okay. I mean, I could probably try it again, but so far it has been resting peacefully in my cabinets. But then again, this tea is a black tea, but it does have flavors from peaches, apples and cinnamon. If you try it, let me know what you think.
The Passion tea is another one of my favorites. The sweet and sour taste of the hibiscus flower is a jolt to your tongue, well my tongue. Add some sweetener to your tea and it is so freaking delicious. Now I want to brew a huge pitcher and add ice to it. My son's like this one too, they ask for it every other night.
I was strolling down the aisle and the Chai Chocolate box caught my eye. I felt like it was sort of saying "Look at me, I know you're craving chocolate" I was too. Unfortunately I was hesitant to buy a box. BUT the next day I found a sample tray, and a few single packets were in that tray. So I grabbed like two or three. I tried it at home, and while it did have a hint of chocolate, I realized it was black tea. I am now realizing that I am not a fan of black tea...
The most recent tea I tried is the Green Ginger. This one I have been taking turns sipping before I head to bed and in the morning. I went through a box in like a week. I read somewhere (Pinterest) that ginger helps with bloat or weight loss.... or was that green tea? I don't know. Anyway, this tea IS green tea with ginger and a hint of pears (Mmmmmm, I love fruits) so I figured I was "killing two birds with one stone". All I know is that I was having tummy issues last week, and today... my tummy feels back to normal. If it helps with weight loss, then whoo hooo!
I am though anxious to try more flavors like: Japanese Sakura (green tea), Organic Baked Cinnamon Apple (herbal tea), Organic Sultry Strawberry (black tea), Russian Twilight (black tea), AND last but not least (of course), the Chai Pumpkin Spice tea (black tea).
Okay, I think that is it for my weird tea post. Hahaha. I think mixing up my teas every day will make me get off soda... maybe. Oh and this post is in no way a review for TAZO teas. Just letting you know that.

I have also finished my 2nd book for 2016. I am proud of myself. Now... I have like 28 to go to catch up on my 100 books to read goal.

I feel like a nap is in order... okay, maybe not. I feel like this next hour needs to go at a rapid pace, like that rabbit filter on Snapchat.

I am now craving watermelon cubes and frozen red grapes. That could be my snack for tomorrow. Oh and for lunch... I am leaning towards this Broccoli Apple salad that grabbed my attention on Pinterest. I have everything except the onions and red wine vinegar, but I don't eat onions and I can pick up the vinegar on my way home this evening. I can't wait to try it.

{photo:The Kitchen is my playground Blog}


So about the being active portion... in order to complete the whole 100 mile challenge for April, the next 10 days I will need to do 6.5 miles each day. Is that doable? Maybe. Can I do it? Hmm tough question, I have no answer for you. I'll let you know on May 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment