Monday, May 9, 2016
First win of the season
The baseball season has started.
So far we've been on the road almost every day after school & work. I think we had one break this past week. Today is our break for this week. haha then boom-boom-boom, a game once a day this week with a double header. Eh. As much as I make it sound like its such a big ole complication, I admit I love it. I love how my mommy life is back to normal, and keeping me busy. It blocks out the single-me-me, its just at night when I reflect on how lonely I am. But then again with all the games, snack making, dinner cooking and trips, I am totally exhausted by the time we get home that I just drop into bed and I am out. So I have nothing depressing to think of. haha. I like those kinda days.
Since DJ and Turtle are on the sane team again this year (which will change next year *sad face*) I am like the crazy annoying mom out in the bleachers. haha Kidding. I try to tone down my excitement... TRY. So anyway, last week, Coach had T pitch. And WOWZA! He pitched!! I got compliments from parents sitting around me, I could even hear the coaches standing near first base give low whistles and say "that kid has an arm" and yeah, I had this goofy smile on my face, because he learned that all on his own. He doesn't have a dad to practice with and I don't even know how to throw a baseball. So yeah, he has his big brother, so maybe DJ gets half the credit on that. That was the first game. DJ played catcher a few innings and did really well too. He hustled like a pro. Oh and he has his first home run of the season. I have amazing baseball players.
The next game, while watching the team warm up, I hear Coach yell across the field "Rondai, rest your arm, you're pitching today!", so T had to stop throwing to DJ and practice his catching or whatever the other option was. That game they both did awesome too, I think they lost, but they played great. I am proud of them. It's still a little cold, but the weather will be warming up in a few weeks.
My little slugger, Kai, also had good games. If the other 2 are good at pitcher and catcher, Kai is really good at batting. He had a few good home runs. He is always smiling when he is on the field and at bat, because we are there watching him. I can go crazy baseball mom at his games, because he loves it. I'll be sitting in the stands yelling his name and throwing my thumbs up and he will just smile back and wave. hahaha. I love that little guy.
Yesterday was Mother's Day. I slept in, kinda. I ate cake (a mini one), had a watermelon drink and laughed with my cousins. It was good. I didn't want to get up this morning, but I did anyway. Just a few more days... haha I don't know why I am counting down the days. So yeah, I'll be busy and whatever. Have a great week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment