Last week the older guys and I traveled to Tempe for a youth padded football camp. DJ has been going to the camp since it started, three years ago. This year was Turtle's first year attending. This year it was very different. So much has changed and I could feel it. The coaching staff of course, and the high profile players that moved on also. I mean the huge changes from the ASU football program made an impact on the camp. I was a little sad and upset over it.
Despite it all, my son's enjoyed themselves. I did too, even though the temperature was through the roof. So thankful that the camp was inside the Dickey Dome with the AC on blast. I just don't know how anyone could live in the valley during the summer months. I can't even handle a day. hahaha
So yeah, the boys ran drills, plays and had fun playing some sort of football game. They worked one-on-one with the coaches and the few players that were there. They had lunch and watched a special video made for them. They each got a little prize from the staff.
So yeah, it was worth the money, the trip and the heat. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment