Thursday, August 4, 2016

And I found myself in a different state...

So... I went back to Colorado, again, for the third time in July. Hahaha.
My July freaking rocked!! It all feels like a dream, really. I don't know how I did it... but all I can think of is that my life is turning around and I am very blessed with a lot of amazing and special people in my life. I cannot stop smiling and giggling at the funniest things that have happened since July 1st.

One week ago, I was getting off work early, and didn't know what to do, because I was alone. The boys were with their other parent, and I was... trying to figure out what I should do to occupy myself, when I got a text from a friend, that asked if I wanted to travel with them to Colorado. I didn't believe it. But like at the last minute, I decided "Fu*k It! I am going" and I did. I threw clothes into a huge bag, my toothbrush, toothpaste, make-up, and whatever else I needed into my huge bag. I was ready in like 5 minutes. hahaha.
We left when it was getting close to evening, which was fine with me, because well... I decided to be an adventurer. Of course, the only purpose of me coming along, was to help drive. haha But whatever, I was going back to Colorado. I swear Colorado is MY state, I was meant to live there. I will too. Maybe when the boys are out of school and I am in my late 30's... or maybe in 2 years... I don't know. I don't know.... life is crazy, anything can happen.... right?

So we made it into Albuquerque (another favorite city of mine) and tried our luck at the casino's (okay, I didn't, because I don't know how to gamble haha) and went to bed pretty late. Since we weren't needed at our destination until Saturday, we decided to just take our time, something that is different for me, because when I travel with family, we leave in the morning, and we have a schedule of where we should be at, when we should reach that place.... yada, yada, yada. So just to be able to sleep in on a trip, well it blew my mind. Here I was up early in the morning showering and ready... while my travel companion was just chill and relaxed.

Thursday night when we got into the city, he took me to my 4th Breaking Bad location... the Crossroads Motel. I am seriously like... so shocked. I was in Albuquerque with the person who got me into the Breaking Bad series... and I was being showed a location. How surreal is that? So yeah, I was giddy. I couldn't believe how lucky I was. I mean it might not mean much to him or anyone, but to me... well this post says it all... I am extremely happy I was able to experience that. On our way home, he drove me by the location in Tohajiilee, where Walter White leaves his watch that Jesse gave him. Even that just made my day. Like, who has someone go out of their way to see a Breaking Bad location? That one I didn't take a photo of, because I was still trying to process my thoughts. But yeah, I am totally thankful for those side trips.

The next morning, after we got ready, we stopped at Sandia Casino to eat lunch. I am still thinking of and craving those sweet potato fries I had. Mmmmm. I will be craving that for awhile. Dang it. I have never been to any of the casinos in Albuquerque, so it was nice to be able to visit and just sight see. The casinos were reeeeallly nice too. I loved the architecture, flooring, decor... and just about anything, even the tiny water bottles they gave out. I felt like I should have dressed up a bit. Fancy.
After leaving Albuquerque, we traveled to Santa Fe. I had already told him that I had never been there, because the previous trips, we just drove by the city. So this time he wanted to show me where the AIAI...IAIA(?) school was. And then we drove in the downtown area of Santa Fe, we were hoping to go to the art museum, but the parking was really bad. I loved the feel of downtown though. So many vendors and cute tiny cafes. I definitely want to go back to buy some Christmas gifts. There was a little pizza joint called, Upper Crust Pizza, that we drove by that I wanted to try. So next time I am there, I want to eat there. I happened to see a sign for gelato too, but didn't want to add more time to our trip, so hopefully soon I will be able to visit the Ecco Gelato place too.

As you know, I am interested in the different types of church buildings. So it was a real treat to drive by a really pretty catholic church... I think it was the Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi... I am pretty sure it was. But yeah, we didn't stop to tour it or visit it... I will add that to my list of things to do in Santa Fe too. Beautiful little city. I am just kinda of stumped on why it is New Mexico's capitol... I don't know.

We made it into Colorado that afternoon, were once we got over the state line, it started hailing on us. This was the second time I was entering Colorado while in a rainstorm. Fun times... and scary. Yeah, it was scary. We made it into Denver that evening. We were so exhausted... okay, I was exhausted. haha And I don't know from what, because at that point, I hadn't even had a chance to drive yet. haha. But yeah, we came into the city, it was a nice evening too. A rainstorm was in the outskirts of the city. We ended going to sleep.
The next morning I found myself in Nebraska... I was in freaking Nebraska!! haha A state I NEVER in my entire life, I thought I would travel to... I'm still laughing about it. Nebraska!! And so we spent half the day traveling to Lexington... I wish we went to Omaha or Lincoln, how cool would that have been? But well I will take anything.
All that traveling was so much fun, I loved every minute of it. We had the funniest and strangest conversations. I learned a LOT, I mean, he really knows a lot of random things, so... yeah, I was pretty much on a field trip. haha. I didn't come home with corn, haha, but I did bring back a Nebraska Huskers cup... I just forgot postcards.
So right when we pulled off the interstate, we went to a museum. haha. I couldn't help it. I saw the sign for the Heartland Museum of Military Vehicles. Pretty out of the ordinary, but that place was very interesting. We walked through every room, looked into every vehicle, read each pamphlet. I just know that my dad would probably have been schooling me on more things that they didn't have listed.


I wish I took more photos of our trip, but after Denver, I kind of took over driving, so I wasn't able to take a photo of the "You're now entering Nebraska" sign either. I didn't bring my Rebel, I wish I did. But it was fun. I had a great time in NEBRASKA!! haha

Our drive back was pretty much the same, exciting and fun. We made it back home into Arizona on Sunday evening. It was nice coming home to cooler temperatures and rainstorms. I love monsoon season!!!
I can't wait for my next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment