Well... Hi there. It sure has been a while... I don't even know where to begin. So many changes have happened to myself and my little family. It is the first of July, and I had started this post in the middle of June, but yeah... I finally have time to actually get this posted.
I left my old job and we moved... I found a new job and we are still trying to adjust. It wasn't a very far move. I mean, we could still visit my parents and family in like 45 minutes. But yes, so much changes. We went from a 4 bedroom home to a 3 bedroom apartment. We have very close neighbors BUT we are so close to an actual Safeway, Walmart, Circle K... not that we weren't close to any gas stations or supermarkets before, but now if we wanted pizza from Pizza Hut we could just be there in like 7 minutes instead of an hour. Plus my bank is closer... and my favorite Mexican restaurant.
Another change... my job. I went from sitting behind a desk 8 hours a day for 10 years... to standing and on the go for 8 hours... I am working as a cashier and so far it is way different. The last time I did something similar was when I worked at a Harkins in Tempe in college. haha. But now... now my days fly by, I have met so many new people... everyday is different. And since it is summer time, I hear it will get crazier and busier, which is great.
The only complaint for me was at the beginning when I wasn't used to standing for long periods of time. My legs and body ached for about 2 weeks. Now I am pretty good about it. I don't know if it is helping my body though. I used to snack a lot at my old job, but now I rarely do... and I am down 5lbs... I love it. haha
I left my old job and we moved... I found a new job and we are still trying to adjust. It wasn't a very far move. I mean, we could still visit my parents and family in like 45 minutes. But yes, so much changes. We went from a 4 bedroom home to a 3 bedroom apartment. We have very close neighbors BUT we are so close to an actual Safeway, Walmart, Circle K... not that we weren't close to any gas stations or supermarkets before, but now if we wanted pizza from Pizza Hut we could just be there in like 7 minutes instead of an hour. Plus my bank is closer... and my favorite Mexican restaurant.
Another change... my job. I went from sitting behind a desk 8 hours a day for 10 years... to standing and on the go for 8 hours... I am working as a cashier and so far it is way different. The last time I did something similar was when I worked at a Harkins in Tempe in college. haha. But now... now my days fly by, I have met so many new people... everyday is different. And since it is summer time, I hear it will get crazier and busier, which is great.
The only complaint for me was at the beginning when I wasn't used to standing for long periods of time. My legs and body ached for about 2 weeks. Now I am pretty good about it. I don't know if it is helping my body though. I used to snack a lot at my old job, but now I rarely do... and I am down 5lbs... I love it. haha
My sons spent a week in Phoenix, last week. They came home last night. It was the looooongest week ever. I did't know how lonely it would be. I actually now know how life would be without my sons. I went to work, back home, eating alone and then repeat... it was so weird and sad. But now I feel back to normal.
I wanted to write a few paragraphs of the different funny experiences I have had so far with my new job, but right now, I am going to end this first post of our new adventure. We are actually on our way to the river to go cool off, because it is pretty warm out there. And tonight, we will be having a late birthday cookout for me. I am excited to spend time with my family.

No comments:
Post a Comment